Hi everyone
Sorry I have been so rubbish...I will try to update my blog more!! Anyway I had a great final few weeks in Cusco. I loved the city and it felt like home by the end. Working in the hospital was fantastic and I love Psicomotricity. It was so interesting to help out and see how the therapy worked. The therapists and nurses had a little party for me on the day I left which was really nice. Again it was so sad to leave the children who I had become so attatched to. Hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with the clinic and find out how they are all doing. I cannot believe how fast the time went in Cusco and I know the time will just keep on flying. It was sad to say goodbye to my friends in Cusco too but I know that there is more to see and more people to meet and I´m sure I will love the rest of my trip as much as I have loved it so far.
I got a flight from Cusco to Lima as it was included in the cost of my volunteer project which was great as apparently the bus journey is hell! I stayed in Lima for afew days and met some very nice people! Lima is a pretty nice city but so un-peruvian, it felt like America with Burger King, McDonalds, Dunkin Doughnuts and Pizza Hut on our street! I then got the bus up to Trujillo on the coast of Peru which has fantastic ruins of an ancient city (chan chan) made of sand which I visited yesterday. It also has greta beaches. Tonight I am off up to Mancora which is a huge backpacker destination on the beach which should be good fun. Then I will cross the boarder to be in Quito for my next project on Sunday 7th. I can´t believe its June!
Anyway hope evryone is enjoying the heat wave in England! Very jealous that I might a real English summer! Ah well, South America is not a bad place to be! xxxxxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment